Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Coucou! (a French expression of affection ;) )

Damien and I have been in our apartment for 10 days and it is really beginning to feel more like home ;)

Our bedroom has a classic Parisien tile floor and a beautiful window that looks out into our apartment building's courtyard. Our landlord does live downstairs from us but luckily Damien has won her over so we are not experiencing any issues in that department :)

I dealt with a small bout of sickness at the beginning of our inhabitance and thought I could persevere and beat it myself. When I ended up keeled over in pain I threw up the white flag, went to the doctor with Damien's assitance and went on a strong dose of antibiotics :) I am feeling fine now but during this time I was also pit-pocketed and in combination with a cold spell kept all of France below zero for two weeks, it was a bit of a challenging start :D I am strong now, the weather is bearable and I am ready to spread my wings and begin my greater exploration of this incredible city.

I have purchased "the voice of the sparrow" album by Edith Piaf (please listen to "Non, je ne regrette rien" or her other famous "La vie en rose"-two of her classics), a beautiful compilation of one of France's greatest legends. She rised out of poverty and prostitution and ended up the cherished "sparrow" of France. You also might know the movie "La Mome" (the kid, because she was so short) that came out in 07' starring Marion Cotillard. Her museum is next on my list (maybe tonight) which is on the border of the 11th (my district) and she is buried in the beautiful Pere Lachaise (the reknown graveyard of Paris-hehe Kim) which is right around the corner from me. So a few things on my list.....

I'll keep it to that for now.....

Vous me manquez ( I miss you all)

No comments:

Post a Comment